:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: GPL ver…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: GPL version 2 is a bare license. Recind. (Regarding (future) linux Code of Conduct Bannings).
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 15:33:58 +0000
observerofaffairs@??? wrote:

> The CoC will lead only to infighting amongst the contributors, with
> this new weapon wielded firmly in all participants hands.

You've made your point. Now stop it. The remedies you suggest, if they
could even be legally done, would hobble the Linux Kernel project, to
the great delight of Google, Microsoft and Apple. Long observation of
people resenting CoCs is they want the right to speak cruelly to
individuals and speak cruelly about groups of people, those groups
having nothing to do with the list's core foundation (Linux sans
systemd, in our case). The person continuing to use terminology, having
nothing to do with the core foundation of the mailing list, that others
ask them not to use, has a real problem, and it's not the list's duty
to help with that problem. The project is probably better off without
the person --- his or her priorities are just plain wrong.

Your posts are offtopic. You've made your point. Please stop now.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz