:: [Libbitcoin] Electrum non-english m…
Author: Neill Miller
To: libbitcoin
Subject: [Libbitcoin] Electrum non-english mnemonic support is broken
If anyone out there is using *non-english* electrum mnemonics via
libbitcoin, there's a fair chance the compatibility with the electrum
wallet is broken. While I spent a fair amount of time verifying that
our electrum mnemonic compatibility matched the electrum wallet
exactly, I only tested *english* word lists since that was all that I
knew how to create via the electrum wallet (as an end user).

It's been determined that there is a bug due to a difference in how
the two implementations do the normalization, which manifest on the
"non-english" word lists.

This will be addressed in libbitcoin at some point in the future, and
this is a general PSA to those that are affected.

In the meantime, if you have written a wallet and think this is
something that will affect you or your users directly, feel free to
contact me or this list for more specific details.

-Neill.