:: Re: [DNG] Migrate from Debian Wheez…
Author: Dirk Lattermann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Migrate from Debian Wheezy to Devuan ASCII
Am Sat, 1 Sep 2018 17:30:47 +0200
schrieb Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???>:

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 10:58:58 +0100, Mark wrote in message
> <20180831095858.GN1731@???>:

> > I can't find any specific instructions or report of Wheezy -> ASCII
> > migration. Does anybody have experience of it?

I've got a QNAP TS-109 II NAS (headless) that was running for many years
on Debian Wheezy (dist-upgraded from Debian Squeeze because the Wheezy
installer was too big to fit in the flash memory).

It has a Marvell Orion processor (yes, not even a Kirkwood) and uses
armel architecture (kernel says armv5tel).

Now I dist-upgraded it first to Devuan Jessie using the documentation at
https://devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/migrate-to-jessie

Then I dist-upgraded to Devuan Ascii as documented at
https://devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/upgrade-to-ascii

(using then a autoremove --purge and autoclean.

Worked pretty straightforward with just some minor complications:
1. usual dist-upgrade problems with modified server config files
(dovecot, ntpd, sshd). Used the maintainer's versions and reconfigured.

2. Needed a newer version of qcontrol (0.5.6-1~bpo9+1 instead of 0.5.5)
to prevent error because of non-existing fan in TS 109

3. Since Devuan Jessie, the LAN LED of my device is not working
anymore. This is a front LED like the HDD LED. It flashes fast during
system boot as usual, but seemingly when the kernel is loaded or some
time after that, it turns off and stays off. The LAN connection works
fine though. I haven't yet solved this. Can it be a kernel
(configuration) problem?

Thanks,
Dirk