:: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE (was: …
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE (was: d1conf in Amsterdam (mark your calendars!))
On Tue, 04 Sep 2018, Nico Schottelius wrote:

> wow! Things are moving...

always! :^)

> So from our side: it's a bit tricky, as Hack4glarus has already been
> announced for the overlapping time (30th to 2nd of December).

ACK. true you mentioned it

> I know that you planned to have d1conf in AMS, but given the change of
> plans - what do you think about merging the two conferences in pretty
> Glarus?

I have nothing much against that and also considering less people
would be coming from USA for the date issue then is appropriate to
consider this.

Glarus is perhaps harder to reach and more expensive? (I don't know
really) anyway if you already have a venue and an appropriate /
friendly catering solution then it may work. It's anyway the first one
so we are all expected to adjust.

for anyone flying from the East coast of USA and anywhere else, It
would be more of a problem, but I'm not sure how many people are there
for that.

We also plan to do streaming and recording and have a team dedicated
which should come down with equipment and perhaps try to work together
with your team if any. an inventory of equipment off-list would be
maybe useful. however, details.

> Location wise, we certainly have enough space, even if we wanted to run
> separate two conferences that just happen to be colocated.

how many people can be in plenary presentations in the space?

one last important thing, this is about the Devuan conference and we'd
have to agree that we announce it as such (hosted by you) but not
confuse it with hack4glarus so perhaps would be best to simplify and
just do the Devuan conference in those days.

what do you think?