:: Re: [DNG] POWER support for devuan?
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] POWER support for devuan?
Taiidan@??? wrote:

> Debian supports POWER but why not devuan?
>
> I want a systemd free distro to run on a TALOS 2.

My WAG (wild a**ed guess) is that among the fairly small pool of Devuan devs, there aren't enough (if any ?) with the right skills AND access to suitable hardware AND the time and "itch" to work on it.
Given the relative availability/usage of the different platforms it makes sense to concentrate on Intel/AMD family, plus ARM, and only when they are "sorted" to more "minority" archs like Power. Being a long time Mac user, I've always had something of a soft spot for the Power architecture - from what I did know, it looked like a "cleaner" arch than Intel 586 and successors.