:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Panasonic FZ-G1
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Panasonic FZ-G1
On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 13:46:14 -0700
Bruce Perens <bruce@???> wrote:

> I put Devuan on my usual travel laptop, a Panasonic FZ-G1 fully-rugged
> tablet with an iKey fully-rugged rubber keyboard with hinge which
> makes it a laptop. This is specified to survive hose water from any
> angle and stand significant abuse, and in general to not crap out a
> minute before I'm supposed to give a speech, so why would anyone put
> systemd on it :-)
>
> Everything works but the sound. Pulseaudio is sending to the sound
> interface, and nothing comes out of the speaker. Any clues?

How much do you need Pulseaudio? I've had tremendous success solving
sound problems by uninstalling Pulseaudio. Of course, I then had to
configure individual sound apps to use ALSA instead of Pulseaudio, but
it's been worth it.

If using Pulse for one app (skype, for example), you can use apulse to
temporarily give that one app Pulseaudio "power" without gumming up the
whole system. I think it went something like the following:

apulse skype

By the way, I recently found a program called qasmixer which I like
better than alsamixer for dealing with sound.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz