:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Panasonic FZ-G1
Top Pagina
Auteur: Antony Stone
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Panasonic FZ-G1
On Tuesday 21 August 2018 at 22:46:14, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I put Devuan

Which version?

> on my usual travel laptop

Do, or did, you have any other O/S installed on it? If so, what?

> a Panasonic FZ-G1

What's the sound chip for one of those?

> Everything works but the sound. Pulseaudio is sending to the sound
> interface,

How do you know? Show us some diagnostic output?

> and nothing comes out of the speaker. Any clues?

1. If you have alsamixer installed, see if anything is muted.

2. If you have another O/S installed, can that produce sound, and if you have
to adjust something to get it to produce sound, does it then work next time
you boot Devuan?

2a. If you don't have another O/S installed, can you try Ubuntu or similar
from a USB stick?

3. Have you got keyboard buttons (probably in combination with some "Fn" key)
for un/mute and volume up/down? If yes, what happens if you try those?

4. Have you tried plugging speakers or headphones into the headset socket to
see if that produces sound?

5. Do you have an HDMI monitor with speakers which you can try plugging into
the HDMI port to see if sound comes out there?

My guess is that either something is muted, or the default output is going
over HDMI.

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.