:: Re: [Bricolabs] Fwd: Open call for …
Author: Jean-Noël Montagné
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Fwd: Open call for the II Intergalactic Commune Festival
héhé ....sorry Jaromil, wrong target .....we didn't wanted to have funds
for organizing such big event. Not a penny ! We have no sponsors, no
funding.

All is made and paid by citizens !

Because we wanted a complete political freedom in our contents, a
parameter wich is very important in the land of
mafia-style/extreme-right local politicians. Because we promote a huge
degrowth, and some radical political changes, for example from pyramidal
to horizontal democracy. Because we want to talk about the beginning of
the global/local collapse, in the heart of the "golden" Riviera.

All is organized by volunteers. No one is paid. The only public
contribution comes from the university of Nice: free availability of
conference rooms and auditoriums in the University Campus, with
"Vigipirate" security guards, because it is during the university
holidays. And also university has paid for prints and flyers (because
there will be 40 scientific conferences on the total of 140 conferences
in the symposium). _*That's all.*_

We could have had money from the "Region PACA", we could have had money
from the "Conseil Départemental", we could have had money from the
"Metropole of Nice", we could have had money from Nice city, we could
have had money from private sponsors, or fundations, eventually form the
ministry of ecology ? We didn't want any, because we wanted to be the
masters of our contents.

Freedom.

For similar reasons we did'nt wanted to have "social" networks; wich are
destroying democracy and annihilating IRL activism worldwide.

All the 200 contributors pay their travel, but we pay their food with
the benefits of the other meals for the public, and we give them free
accomodation in our homes.  Come and see ! I can arrange some place in
tents in my garden. There is also some place in the hackerspace  (
https://blog.nicelab.eu )

Cheers,

JN