:: Re: [DNG] How to test the backend o…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to test the backend of simple-netaid
Hi again,

El 07/08/18 a las 02:03, aitor_czr escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pushing more commits to the sources of simple-netaid. I did some
> changes in the CMakeLists.txt, in such a way you will be able to build
> only the backend.
>
> CMake will ask you for your root password giving suid permissions to
> the server file. This binary server file is only for testing purposes.
>
> https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/simple-netaid-gtk/tree/master
>
> Cheers,
>
>  Aitor.

I recently solved some pointer issues in the backend and pushed the
changes to gitlab.
You can build the backend simply running the build script:

$ ./build

If you want to build also the frontend (a work in progress), you need to
pass the folder src as an argument in the command line:

$ ./build src

and the script will run internaly cmake -DGUI_DIR="src".

After building the backend you will get three binary files: the client,
the server and backend. The backend will have suid permissions (as i
said above, cmake will ask you for root's password).
Run the client relegated to a second plane:

$ ./client &

The client will be waiting for the server (see the lines nº 299 - 303 in
backend-src/netstat.c).

Now, run the server:

$ ./server

after that you'll get the info about your network connection in the
command line. You should get something like this:

Connected to wlan2
-------------------------
IP Address = 192.168.0.11
Type = Wireless
Broadcast = 192.168.0.255
Netmask = 255.255.255.0
Protocol = IEEE 802.11bgn
Essid = Euskaltel-58YA
Status = CONNECTED
The wire is unplugged

The *plug* kernel event takes a few seconds in my computer.

I need testers... Thanks in advance :)

  Aitor.