:: Re: [DNG] keys & subsystems
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] keys & subsystems
On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 02:28:52 +0200, Alessandro wrote in message
<20180729022852.5208a5ca@???>:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 at 15:28:56 +0200
> Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 10:07:53 +0200, Alessandro wrote in message
> > <20180728100753.4ff8dd7c@???>:
> >
> >> On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 at 14:17:14 -0500
> >> Eric Lee Elliott <linux@???> wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]

> >> How could they possibly do it?

> > ..using any available networking hw in a non-standard way that flies
> > under our radars.
>
> How could it access a different piece of hardware on the system
> bypassing the kernel?

..e.g. using part of a binary "lose weight ad" crafted to do this.

> >> Do you think they have a WiFi embedded?

> > ..always possible, in some non-standard form to fly under our
> > radars.
>
> All I can think of is having the device emit a given noise (EM or
> mechanical) that a device could pick up and decode. But you'd need an
> external device.

..or "make do with whatever you have onboard" in new "creative" ways.

..people has played music on printers and harddisks produced to print
oud documents and store data, by hacking them in new creative ways,
for decades.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: