:: Re: [DNG] ssh_exchange_identificati…
Author: marc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
> Am 2018-07-27 08:37, schrieb marc:
> >It could be that your process table is full - Run ps fax and
> >understand what each process does.
> >
> >Alternatively /dev/pts isn't mounted, or (less likely) you
> >are running something like fail2ban ?
>
> My problem is, I cannot look at it when it happens, because this is a
> headless server, located in the attic near my router.

Either keep an ssh session open indefinitely and
then do an "echo /proc/*" when the problem occurs

Or stop cron and see if the problem goes away. A poorly written cronjob
seems to be the most likely cause of an accidental fork bomb. An
"ulimit -u 100" in a problematic script might help to contain the
problem.

Also: if you post your problem to the list, try to keep posting
the rest of the thread there too, so that others can benefit from
any solution.

Good luck solving it

regards

marc