:: Re: [DNG] Linux Without systemd: Wh…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linux Without systemd: Why You Should Use Devuan, the Debian Fork
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> Can I ask all of you something? How do people, who call themselves
> developers, joyfully embrace a false choice like systemd vs sysvinit?

The same way that the more-vocal djbware fans, and Prof. Bernstein
himself, compared qmail _only_ with sendmail, not with Postfix, Exim4,
or Courier-MTA, and compared djbdns _only_ with BIND9, not with
Unbound/NSD, MaraDNS/Deadwood, or PowerDNS.

Comparing what you like only with the cruftiest and oldest alternative
is among the oldest, lamest, and most common rhetorical tricks around.
Overcoming this chicanery was part of the inspiration for many of my
more-popular Web pages, such as:

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Network_Other/dns-servers.html
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/mtas.html

I'm sure you've been disappointed by this sort of thing before, Steve.
;->