:: [DNG] Thunar issue (was: Re: New u…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Miroslav Skoric
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] Thunar issue (was: Re: New user of Devuan)
On 07/25/2018 12:27 PM, aitor_czr wrote:

>>> By the way, I have also noticed here that inserting a CD/DVD in this
>>> Devuan installation does not mount the medium automatically, neither it
>>> opens a file manager. How to make it the same way as it does in
>>> Ubuntu/Debian? Tnx.
>>
>> It seems to me that this is window-manager related, wich one do you
>> use(sorry if you already told it)?
>
> It's related with the file manager's configuration. Go to
> "preferencies->advanced->device mangement" or something similar.

Ok, here it is Thunar 1.6.3 file manager in this Devuan Live Jessie
Desktop Edition. So I did in this order: Preferences > advanced > click
on "Enable volume management" > Configure > Storage > removable storage,
click on "Mount removable media when inserted", also click on "Browse
removable media when inserted", (even tried with click on "Mount
removable drives when hot-plugged").

That helped partially: Now after a CD is inserted, a new CD icon appears
on the xfce desktop. By hovering the mouse over the CD icon, it says "no
mounted". However, a right-click on the icon offers to mount the medium,
to open it (in file manager), and so on.

So far - so good. It all goes manually, however not (yet) automatically.
In Thunar, in its left-side pane, besides the CD title, there was a sign
to click on to eject the medium. And it ejected it. Good.

Ok, then I rebooted the machine, opened the tray and inserted the CD
again, and voilà: It mounted the CD automatically and opened Thunar
after that. Great! BUT, only for the 1st time: After ejecting the
medium, and re-inserting it again, it behaves the same as before
rebooting the machine.

After any next reboot, the same as above repeated (1st time all worked
automatically, the 2nd and later only CD icon on the desktop).

While I can settle for that for now, I wonder whether it is a bug or so
in Thunar?