:: Re: [DNG] New user of Devuan
Author: Miroslav Skoric
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] New user of Devuan
On 07/23/2018 12:56 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> El 23/07/18 a las 10:51, Arnt Karlsen escribió:
>> On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 07:20:11 +0200, Didier wrote in message
>> <939d9753-debc-b146-c57b-4757a7e1c417@???>:

>>>       Tried dpkg-reconfigure locales ?
>> ..you're right, he'll need both.
>
> You can also install x11-xkb-utils, and the setxkbmap command will allow
> you to configure your keyboard for X11.
> I need to do that in the case of vdev (the keyboard is only configured
> for CLI sessions).
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Aitor.

Ok, "dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" and/or "dpkg-reconfigure
locales" have solved the problem, so now I have a language/keyboard
switch added to the panel. Thank you for this.

The other issue I had with ejecting the CD/DVD from the tray is now
half-solved. I mean although the simple "eject" command in CLI does open
the tray, I'd rather want to have a possibility such as a right-click on
the CD/DVD icon in a file manager and then from a menu to choose
something like "eject" or "unmount volume". (Similarly to what I can in
Ubuntu/Debian etc.) As I mention in my first mail, this machine is
prepared for using in a seniors club and it is hardly expecting elderly
users to remember they need to open CLI and type "eject" every time they
want to pick up their optical medium.

By the way, I have also noticed here that inserting a CD/DVD in this
Devuan installation does not mount the medium automatically, neither it
opens a file manager. How to make it the same way as it does in
Ubuntu/Debian? Tnx.

Misko