:: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface name…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Καινούρια Θέματα: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface names
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface namesRe: (WAS: what has gone wrong with networking in ascii?
Le 15/07/2018 à 20:37, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 02:27:26PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 12:41:21PM +0200, Udo Hennig wrote:
>>> I get some trouble with the network after updating to ascii and
>>> rebooting too on two computers. I found some messages in dmesg like
>>>
>>> Cannot rename eth0 to eth1, name already in use
>>> Cannot rename eth2 to eth0, name already in use
>>>
>>> It looks like udev change the name of the devices.
>> That seems to be what happened here.
>>
>>> I solved this editing
>>> the /etc/roules.d/peresist.rules and use names like nic0, nic1. And I
>>> changed the /etc/networking/interfaces to the new names.
>> Those files done't seem to exists in my /etc.
> But there is a /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
> so I'll try editing that.

    I got the feeling that those /etc/udev files are ignored nowadays.
Therefore better hack in /lib/udev. But, if you disable interface
renaming in the kernel command arguments, this hack will have no effect.

        Didier