:: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
Author: Chris Dos
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
Now that Ascii is out the door and congratulations are in order, I thought it
would be a good time to revisit this.

A few things have changed recently. Debian has added a lsb_release dependency
in their 0.7.9-2 dkms package that specifically looks for Debian. So these
packages will no longer work on Devuan.

I opened a request on ZoL to provide the debian directory in hopes of Devuan
being able to provide the packages in their Distro.
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/7657

It looks like some work has already been applied to providing the debian
folder using git:

ZoL has also merged the SPL into the ZFS source. So the Official debian
packages will need to change to support this.

It just seems like a good time to not just fork the Debian official packages
but to add Devuan ZoL packages directly.

I have my test VMs so I'm more then happy to test anything I can. But I just
don't have the knowledge to be an official package maintainer. I'm not sure
if anyone has time to get involved in this and start interfacing with the
current development that is taking place to ensure Devuan will have a working
solution.

    Chris