:: Re: [devuan-dev] ASCII Release Note…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] ASCII Release Notes -- RFC
On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 04:47:26PM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jun 2018, golinux@??? wrote:
>
> > Here's the pad for the ASCII Stable announcement
> >
> > https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/ZQzYTRQS8n+dtIeHX9Ky3w/CE8Xy3TxW4HkBTB2LQSOOU6p/
> >
> > Note that we're recycling the RC announcement for the stable
> > release. Outdated info should be replaced with current. Would be a
> > good idea to add bullets from the Release Notes with a link to the
> > file for more detail.
>
> the section on recent derivatives has been removed! there is no trace
> here of this decision? I dissent with the removal and believe that
> derivatives is a very important part of Devuan
>
> I disagree with the method applied (that such a removal of derivative
> section is made silently) and also dissent with the removal.
>
> I hope we can gain consensus because right now there is no consensus
> on the removal of this important section of the announcement.

Hi Jaromil,

we worked on the announcement yesterday night during the meeting and
it was proposed to remove any specific mention to particular
derivatives. The main reason is that this is the realse of ASCII, not
of derivatives, and choosing to put in the announcement a mention to
one specific derivative or another needs an underlying criterion. I
don't have a strong opinion about it, but I would definitely prefer to
avoid creating single cases that need an explanation, in either
direction.

I think that the most sensible solution would be to put in the release
announcement a link to the page where we list all the
derivatives. That would avoid the problem altogether.

Let's try to keep it simple.

HND

KatolaZ