:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTec…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Lars Noodén
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTech] Microsoft buys GitHub
On 06/04/2018 09:10 PM, Mark Rousell wrote:
[snip]
> I chose the name 'Microsoft Enterprise Linux' deliberately. ;-)

[snip]

It's called "Azure Sphere OS" and it is 100% dependent on M$ products.
You cannot use it without M$ Azure and you cannot develop for it without
both M$ Windows and M$ Visual Studio on M$ Windows. Presumably system
administration has similar requirements.

Of the the targets for purchase, I'd say that Canonical is weakest and
M$ always goes after the weak and crappy products. Ubuntu is not crappy
but Canonical is not in good shape and like Red Hat it has been
infiltrated at the executive level by "former" Microsofters. But unlike
Red Hat because Canonical is much smaller, these are a much higher
percentage of the team and have an outsized influence. A purchase could
further damage upstream Debian and thus Devuan.

However, as long as Devuan is able to self-host, M$ destruction of
GitHub is only a side problem and not directly in the way of progress.

/Lars