:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTec…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTech] Microsoft buys GitHub
On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 11:32:32PM +0200, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:

[cut]

> I do not have strong opinions about Microsoft buying Github. Just the
> notion that paying such amount of money means some strategic move which
> will not necessarily means it is in the best interest of current users.

You know Nick, when a dog has bitten your hand thousands and thousands
of times, you won't trust him only because it licked your face once...

Microsoft is a rabid dog, who has fiercely bitten us again, and again,
and again. Maybe newcomers to the free software community might have
experienced this new, fresh, and friendly puppy mask that Microsoft
has lately decided to put on its face, and might also be inclined to
like it and trust it.

I am not a newcomer. I know that under the mask there is the same
rabid dog, and I wouln't dare to put my hand anywhere close to its
mouth, 'cause I know very well what the most probable outcome will
be. It's only a matter of time, and the mask will fall apart.

HND

KatolaZ