:: Re: [DNG] Creating .deb packages wi…
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Creating .deb packages with jenkins-debian-glue

> On 31 May 2018, at 18:51, KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 05:42:21PM +1000, Tom wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use dh_virtualenv and and jenkins-debian-glue to package
>> a python app into a .deb using jenkins.
>>
>> I followed all the instructions on https://jenkins-debian-glue.org,
>> updating the steps where required for differences in the latest
>> Jenkins release, but I see errors when running the
>> jenkins-debian-glue-binaries job.
>

> Tom, if you just need the package locally, a better and easier way
> could be to just use dpkg-buildpackage. You need to satisfy the build
> deps locally, but apart from the that the process is quite
> straightforward.
>
> jenkins-debian-glue is a bit too convoluted and requires some extra
> stuff that you really don't need to build the occasional package.
>
> HTH
>
> KatolaZ

Thanks, I’ll definitely take a look at that.

Are there any good tutorials out there on using dpkg-buildpackage and how to correctly manage the version, changelog, and other files used for the deb packaging? Most of the stuff I’ve seen is aimed towards providing deb packages for the official Debian package archive.

I noticed that jenkins-debian-glue goes and stores the built packages in something called reprepro that looks like a local apt repository? Is this easy to use outside of jenkins-debian-glue?

What’s the generally recommended way to store and deploy release artifacts, in this case deb files, from Jenkins? Do I store them in something like this reprepro tool? Do I use a commercial tool like artifactory?

Thanks

—Tom