:: Re: [DNG] LibreOffice removed with …
Author: wirelessduck
To: Vernon Geiszler
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] LibreOffice removed with autoremove

>> Try removing packages.devuan.org: it shouldn't be necessary when you have
>> pkgmaster.devuan.org active. My output is:
>>
>> libpython3.5-stdlib:
>>  Installed: 3.5.3-1
>>  Candidate: 3.5.3-1
>>  Version table:
>> *** 3.5.3-1 500
>>        500 https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii/main amd64 Packages
>>        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

>>> I have never used backports before. I will have to search the
>>> archives or the forum for how to do it.
>>>
>>> Vernon
>>
>> You can add the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-ascii-backports.list
>> with the following lines:
>>
>> deb https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-backports main
>> deb-src http://backports.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-backports main
>>
>> and then you run the command:
>>
>> apt-get -t ascii-backports --just-print install libreoffice
>>
>> and you get the list of the (many) packages you'd update or install to their
>> backports version to install libreoffice-1:6.0.4~rc1-4~bpo9+2 (they're 43 in
>> my system).
>>

>> Alessandro
>>
>> On Mon, 21 May 2018 at 23:43:34 +0200
>> Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> wrote:
>>
>>> You can add the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan-ascii-backports.list
>>> with the following lines:
>>>
>>> deb https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-backports main
>>> deb-src http://backports.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-backports main
>>
>> Sorry, the second line should read:
>>
>> deb-src http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-backports main
>>
>> I didn't notice the error before because it's commented in my system.
>>

>> Alessandro
>>

> Thank you Alessandro I will try that.
>
> Also to all, sorry for changing the Subject line in the last post.
>
> Vernon

After removing the packages.devuan.org you will want to downgrade your package version to the one from the pkgmaster.devuan.org repository.

apt-get install libpython3.5-stdlib=3.5.3-1
apt-mark auto libpython3.5-stdlib

The second command will just set the package back to automatically installed status within apt configuration.

After this you shouldn’t have any issues installing libreoffice 6 from backports using Allesandro’s instructions.

—Tom