:: Re: [DNG] ..waaay OT: Is Void OK? …
Author: Alessandro Selli
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..waaay OT: Is Void OK? Was: Keep it alive
On Sun, 20 May 2018 at 13:06:45 +0200
Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 May 2018 10:45:08 +0200, Alessandro wrote in message
> <20180520104459.1daedf5d@???>:
>
>> On Sat, 19 May 2018 20:49:45 +0200
>> Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> ha wrote:

[...]

>>> and feed
>>> them content over rsync, scp etc from a master server on e.g. a
>>> cell phone.

>> As I already said, this does nothing against theft of documents or
>> the allegedly illegal transfer of an Internet domain name or hijack
>> of a DNS record.
>
> ..precisely why you want _full_ infrastructure redundancy, without
> any "single point of failure capable of bringing down everything."

Then you must mean something different from ICT infrastructure.

>>> ..in our case, problem was time and funding to litigate the control
>>> of such legal or bureaucratic events.  4 hours before the "primary"
>>> ballot filing deadline, we were told we needed "5000 signatures" to
>>> file, truth is 500, we mobilized and got over 12,000 approved,
>>> despite having inch thick piles of signature sheets stolen from the
>>> 2 major Statoil gas stations south of Stavanger on Feb 28'th 2001.

>> Infrastructure redundancy does not protect you against such events,
>> too. All of these events in fact involved non ICT infrastructures.
>
> ..full infrastructure redundancy helps, in our case we had a
> local radio station help us mobilize the ballot signatories.

Unless you mean an Internet radio or a software-defined radio that are
part of the organization then this is not ICT infrastructure redundandy,
unless you refer to a personal, custom definition of what an ICT
infrastructure is:
http://www.itinfo.am/eng/information-technology-infrastructure-library-guide/
ITIL Version 2
7. ICT Infrastructure Management