:: Re: [DNG] Is Void OK? Was: Keep it …
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Is Void OK? Was: Keep it alive
Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandroselli@???):

> Adam Borowski's point is that if you have a single person
> administering the distro's infrastructure it does not matter if the
> infrastructure is an autonomous one or if it's hosted on GitHub:

So, Don't Do That, Then.

{headdesk}

I really don't think it's that difficult to understand that avoiding
outsourcing in no way precludes appropriate fallbacks and measures to
eliminate SPoFs. I'm frankly quite puzzled that my mentioning (as an
example) GitLab elicited the comment 'This wouldn't have helped
[because] you need redundancy' -- when I nowhere suggested eschewing
redundancy and when that open source project has a mountain of
documentation on that very subject. And I'm puzzled a second time to
see you ignore my having just pointed that out, as if I hadn't.

And redundant infrastructure (obviously) facilitates redundant
administration and oversight.

Why is this difficult? I don't think it is.