:: [DNG] dnsmaq on devuan
Author: John Crisp
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] dnsmaq on devuan
I have been having some struggles running dnsmasq on Devuan Jessie.

After a lot of head scratching I started to realise the init file seems
a touch out of whack. For starters, no pid file is generated when you
start dnsmasq.

There I was thinking I was stopping and starting it when in reality, I
was just adding more instances ! That would then explain why the new
settings I kept trying seemed to fail miserably. Doh <slapshead>

I do not have resolvconf installed.

dnsmasq 2.72-3+deb8u2

I just wanted a simple caching nameserver for VPN clients with some
simple static upstream DNS nameservers set.

I can sit down and slowly debug my way through the init file but
wondered if anyone else had any experiences with this?

B. Rgds
John