:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Author: Menelaos Maglis
To: f.zieboll, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
> > "Cannot even print"? You make it sound as if printing were a simple task.

> Printing /is/ a relatively simple task: You create a bitmap from your document (or four im case of color printing) and send it to the printer. Many printers (like my Oki B430dn) even accept ftp upload of correctly resolved bitmaps.

I agree there. Printing on paper is a " done" task.

That was not really my argument. I do not see the reason to /require/ dbus to be able to simply print to a huge class of devices (HP). Especially after decades of printing without it.

If you have a system use case without dbus, then you cannot print. This is plain wrong to me.