:: Re: [DNG] Please, provide a means t…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Steve Litt
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Please, provide a means to remove the default wallpapers.
On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 19:51:05 -0500
golinux@??? wrote:

> On 2018-03-11 14:08, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> > Factum est.
> >
> > Slim now displays another background instead of the default but it
> > is still one of golinux's creations. I find the previous simple
> > backgrounds better suited for a display manager. This one is dark
> > purple with Devuan's logo across the screen. It is
> > /usr/share/images/desktop-base/your-way_purpy-narrow-large.png.
> >
> > Nice and simple, the way I want it.
> >
> > Thanks to all.
> >

> Edward, I'm happy to hear that you've found something that suits you.
> But now I'm wondering what you were previously seeing.
>
> This is the Jessie (purpy) default login screen:
> https://dev1galaxy.org/files/slim_jessie.png
>
> And this is the ASCII (darkpurpy) default login screen.
> https://dev1galaxy.org/files/slim_ascii.png

The ASCII (darkpurpy) has much better color resolution, so that's good.

I'd recommend making the text about F1 and man slim significantly
bigger and perhaps within the darker color. You have plenty of real
estate there.

Another recommendation I have, although it wouldn't be easy, is to have
buttons labeled 2x font and 4x font. This would blow up the font for
really sight deficient people who need enough readability to set their
font appropriately.

I haven't thought this out completely, but it's purpose is to save
people from the buried shovel where if only they could read the screen,
they could enlarge the font, and if only they could enlarge the font,
they could read the screen.

Thanks,

SteveT