:: Re: [DNG] Beaglebone black
Author: Chillfan
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beaglebone black
I'll take a look at filing those in the bugtracker.

I've also noticed some issues with vmdebootstrap and debootstrap that makes it difficult to build images for these boards (and presumably others).

The --package option that allows adding additional packages does not work. I think the debootstrap --include= option may be broken since vmdebootstrap is a wrapper to that. Meaning images can't be built properly this way because they will lack a kernel image, which is usually included with --package linux-image-armmp.

The only way to build images this way at the moment is to modify the debootstrap script.

Assuming you know how to do that you can only build images when using the version of vmdebootstrap in Jessie. Trying this with the ascii version fails because vmdebootstrap expects systemd to be available for network configuration.

Thanks,

chillfan