:: Re: [DNG] Xfce clock visibility wit…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: golinux
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Xfce clock visibility with darkpurpy (was Re: Please, provide a means to remove the default wallpapers.)
On 2018-03-11 07:43, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> golinux@??? writes:
>
>> On 2018-03-11 00:29, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>>> Hi again,
>>> [...]
>>> Apart from getting the clock in the Xfce systemtray to display in a
>>> colour that contrasts with the darkpurpy theme rather than the dark
>>> shade of grey that is used now.
>>
>> Remove the default clock from the panel and install the Orage clock
>> from
>> the repos instead. It has nice config options that allow for
>> foreground
>> and background color choice. As far as making that the default option
>> .
>> . . let me talk to Centurion_Dan about that. It's not really a
>> priority
>> in the grand scheme of things but the suggestion could at least be
>> included in some release notes for the final release.
>
> All I want/need is the time to display in the system tray so I don't
> have to go find a wall clock. Why would I need a full-blown calendar
> application to do so?

I never realized that Orage is a "full-blown" calendar app because I
have no need for one. I can live with a bit of useless bloat to solve a
cosmetic problem but the choice is of course yours. That's what it's is
all about . . . "Software freedom your way". Everyone has different
preferences and ways to solve them. Diversity is a good thing. :)

golinux