:: Re: [DNG] Please, provide a means t…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: J. Fahrner
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Please, provide a means to remove the default wallpapers.
Hi Jochen,

J. Fahrner writes:

> Am 2018-03-11 02:09, schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:
>> The problem is that desktop-base has an explicit Depends: on
>> clearlooks-phenix-darkpurpy-theme where alternatives could be provided
>> or a meta-package to pull in a theme so that admins can control the
>> system-wide default more easily.
>
> I do not know a distribution that offers a selection of themes during
> the installation. Why should Devuan put work here? If you do not like
> the theme, you can customize it yourself or choose a different
> distribution.

Hey, I said I like the theme! Cut me some slack ;-)

I just tried to point out why things happen the way they do and suggest
how that could be improved. If someone want to do the legwork and feed
that back to Devuan, fine. If not, you won't hear me complain.

If something like I suggested does get in, it may be one more reason to
choose Devuan because it allows you to opt out of its default theme ;-)

Hope this helps,