:: Re: [DNG] Please, provide a means t…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Please, provide a means to remove the default wallpapers.
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 10:09:05AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> golinux@??? writes:
>
> > This is the best answer of all.
> >
> > Yes, just remove desktop-base to eliminate all styling you find
> > objectionable and recreate it as you wish.
>
> Seems a bit drastic just to get rid of the default theme. On my system
> this wants to remove 438 packages covering most if not all of Xfce, the
> only desktop I have installed.
>
> The problem is that desktop-base has an explicit Depends: on
> clearlooks-phenix-darkpurpy-theme where alternatives could be provided
> or a meta-package to pull in a theme so that admins can control the
> system-wide default more easily.

When we were starving to death, we craved for bread. We found a dirty
crust of bread, and we started begging for soup. After we got enough
soup, we demanded meat. When we were sated with three kinds of meat,
we asked for a cream tea with jam, scones, and clotted cream. After
having eaten half a scone and not even touched the clotted cream, we
felt an insatiable desire for crabs, caviar and champagne....I guess
it's just human nature :P

I can't find appropriate words to describe today the joy and immense
gratitute to Devuan that I felt the first moment the Valentine alpha
became available. I will simply remember that moment forever.

A lot has been done since then, and Devuan has given us bread, soup,
meat, scones, caviar, and what not. It's great to see that we still
have desire for more, but please let us not forget where we came from,
and the hunger we have suffered in getting where we are now. It helps
putting things in perspective.... ;)

My2Cents

KatolaZ