:: Re: [DNG] Ian Murdoch
Author: Bruce Perens
To: William C Vaughan
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ian Murdoch
Ian's personal life was at times at great odds with what we know of Ian as
a public person. This became known to me while Ian was running Progeny
Linux Systems. I hired Ian for that position, helped to arrange the funding
for that company, and was its chairman of the board.

I would rather preserve what people know and love about him than go into
detail. Unfortunately his suicide is consistent with a previous history. In
this case there is no reason to believe in conspiracy theories.

It just kills me that someone like that could die with essentially no
friends left in the world to help him. But that is exactly what happened.

Our heroes are human beings and have human failings.

If you absolutely have to discuss this, contact me privately. Let's keep it
off the list.

Thanks

Bruce