:: [DNG] Modify scheduling for AMD Bul…
Author: Taiidan@gmx.com
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Modify scheduling for AMD Bulldozer/Piledriver module efficiency
I want to change the thread scheduler to be aware of AMD
Bulldozer/Piledriver modules.

Each module has 2 cores, but currently for instance two tasks are placed
on two modules rather than the two cores of a single module which
results in higher power consumption and Turbo 2 (half CPU turbo) not
being enabled.

I will also have the issue of for instance VLC using 90% CPU usage with
the scheduler moving it around 4 cores which receive moderate usage
instead of 1 or 2 cores of a single module so that turbo 2 will be
enabled, this results in dropped frames as I have a 35W EE series CPU
that needs Turbo 2 to play a 1080p .mkv as vlc doesn't have
multi-threading apparently.

Thanx!