:: Re: [DNG] Suspend
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Klaus Ethgen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Suspend
Hi,

Am So den 14. Jan 2018 um 0:17 schrieb Adam Borowski:
> But, what is your reason to run a _laptop_ this old? I expect these to be
> barely functional.

Well, why to buy a new one when the old is good and fast and have proper
interfaces (like VGA to connect to my beamer) and so on.

My X61s and T43p are way enough to run in my environment. Even more,
they have no camera or other spy stuff. And the keyboard is much, much
better than the keyboards on all newer laptops that seems to be invented
by Apple.

Clear, if you want to run Gnome on it, ... But who want's that? For my
setup with fvwm, to watch movies or use a browser or do some hacking it
is way enough.

And Firefox is even slow on my i7, There is not that much performance
difference on that laptops.

Gruß
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C