:: Re: [DNG] Which is Free, Which is O…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which is Free, Which is Open Source, is there any difference?
On Sunday 14 January 2018 at 12:29:09, aitor_czr wrote:

> Hi Edward,
>
> On 14/01/18 11:09, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> >
> > I investigated my system to find which functions from libsystemd0 were
> > required for my installation to work using nm and ldd.
>
> I've installed gvfs, udisks2, sane-backends and network-manager in my
> system *without* libsystemd0.
>
> But... what's ldd? Synaptic sends me to buildd. By the way, including
> the backports in jessie, i can't install mini-buildd :
>
> mini-buildd depends on python-daemon (<2) but 2.1.2-1~bpo8+1 is going to
> be installed
>
> ... but it has nothing to do with libsystemd0.

I only know ldd as:

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ldd_(Unix) which I think is what Edward was
referring to.

2. http://ldd.lego.com/en-gb/download which runs under Max OSX or Windows, but
not Linux :(

Antony.

--
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - stop exaggerating!"

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.