:: Re: [DNG] packages or pkgmaster?
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] packages or pkgmaster?
On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 03:12:08PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:

[cut]

> Those instructions say to use
>
> deb http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/ experimental main
>
> Elsewhere I've been told to use pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged instead.
>
> WHich is correct in this case?

Hendrik, you are mixing two things there. The first one is the mirror
to use. The original instructions point to packages.devuan.org, but
the latest implementation of amprolla, which merges every few minutes,
is available at pkgmaster.devuan.org. It is recommended to use the
latter, especially if you are on ascii (but you can use it also on
jessie). We will update the documentation in due course.

Then, Devuan archives have two "branches", namely "/merged" and
"/devuan". The former is the branch that includes the merged
Debian/Devuan repos, while the latter has only packages specific to
Devuan. In particular, the "experimental" suite is under "/devuan"
(i.e., using "pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged experimental" would result
in apt being unable to find the corresponding Release file).

In a word: if you really want to have experimental at the moment you
should use:

deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan experimental main

HTH

KatolaZ