:: Re: [DNG] repository clashes
Página Inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] repository clashes
On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 02:03:17AM +0300, Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can someone provide me with proper and full repository list for ascii,
> including proposed updates, security, updates and backports?
> I am noticing some strange behavior with packages.devuan.org/devuan and
> auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged - not all packages available in both repos so
> I guess I need to have both enabled?

No, there is no reason to have both enabled. If you are on ASCII you
should use pkgmaster.devuan.org for both /merged and /devuan. The
reason is that the old amprolla will be dismissed in the long run (but
will probably remain around for several years more), but ASCII has not
yet been released. We are working at a new mirror infrastructure for
ASCII, and the details will be announced when ASCII will be released.

> For example, some packages are available in the former while rsyslog with
> its dependecies - only in the latter.

Can you provide specific examples, please? The main difference between
auto.mirror.devuan.org and pkgmaster.devuan.org is the process that
merges the Debian repos (the original amprolla for the former, the new
amprolla for the latter). Apart from that, and from the key used to
sign the repo files, the two repos are mostly the same.

I say mostly because the original amprolla had a few specific issues
in the information included in the Release and InRelease files, did
not correctly merge *-security and *-updates for ascii, and does not
have Contents.gz files (used by apt-file).

> So what would be the proper and the complete repository list for ascii,
> including contrib and non-free packages?

The list of standard repos has not changed, and is to be found under
/merged [1] (just add " contrib non-free" after "main" if you want
them as well):

http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii main
http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii-security main
http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii-updates main

If you want to use backports, you should also include:

http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii-backports main

Devuan-specific repos (i.e., not merged with Debian's) include:

http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan ascii-proposed main
http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan experimental main

but they are not recommended for general use, unless you want to help
debugging new packages or devuan-specific stuff.

HTH

KatolaZ

[1] As with Debian repos, you can also point your browser to:

http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/dists/

and check the list of available suites and sections by yourself :)