:: Re: [DNG] eudev naming of network i…
Author: J. Fahrner
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eudev naming of network interfaces
Am 2017-12-26 23:56, schrieb Ralph Ronnquist:
> Yes, eudev has code to test the interfaces from 80-ifupdown.rules,
> which causes /lib/idev/ifupdown-hotplug to run, and that will use
> ifquery for checking whether the interface concerned has an
> allow-hotplug in /etc/network/interfaces.

Thanks for that explanation. And sorry, the problem is away after
removing eth0 from /etc/network/interfaces. It was my fault that I did
not realize that. I only saw a red message appearing on boot screen, and
I didn't realize that bootlogd appends to /var/log/boot instead of
writing a new log on each boot. So I didn't realize that I was looking
at old messages ;-)
The remaining red message comes from another problem. See my next post.