:: Re: [DNG] URL - The importance of D…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] URL - The importance of Devuan
On 12/11/2017 12:48 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
[snip]> Related:

> https://linux.slashdot.org/story/17/12/11/0049245/does-systemd-makes-linux-complex-error-prone-and-unstable

Thanks. I think another year or two and maybe the majority of general
users who wish to stick with GNU/Linux yet avoid systemd will move over
to Devuan. The main problem I see is that many are unaware of it and it
does not yet have the visibility needed. A key factor in increasing
visibility would be if a Debian-derivative distro becomes a
Devuan-derivative distro.

When I looked through the /. comments the experiences with systemd were
all negative. There was one comment that stood out in favor of systemd
but it struck me as the typical shill boilerplate we've seen in the
past. It touched on all three of their standard arguments which are all
logical fallacies: ad hominem, ad novitatem, and ad numerum.

Elsewhere, I see some of the systemd crowd blogging negatively about the
speed of Devuan releases. I'm already using Ascii myself the Devuan
Ascii Sprint which is coming up on th 15th - 17th would be a general way
to address that:

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20171211.190051.843303de.en.html

/Lars