:: Re: [DNG] NFS: was mounting /usr
Author: Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky
To: Alessandro Selli
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] NFS: was mounting /usr
On 6 December 2017 at 06:54, Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>
wrote:

> > Any good reason to refuse NFS in favor of those?
>
> In short: no. Just be aware that NFS is as secure as the trusted networks
> it
> sits on. Any inside compromised machine can jeopardize the whole
> distributed
> filesystem.

Ok but this is not about NFS but about any FS that can be accessed over
network.
I am not seeing any danger with NFS especially for /usr or some volatile
data storage used by several systems.
NFS is one of Linux base features and I am glad I found understanding of
it's importance from Devuan developers together with mountable /usr over
NFS.

As I understood, when someone says about NFS usage, most people get
thinking that the one is going to expose it in internet to any host.

--
Regards,
Yevgeny