:: [DNG] NFS: was mounting /usr
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Oude Onderwerpen: [DNG] mounting /usr
Onderwerp: [DNG] NFS: was mounting /usr
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 23:12:59 +0800
Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky <phaoost@???> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am unable to mount empty /usr on jessie. Is there any workaround or
> should I keep some files there?
> Or is there any build for libgssapi-krb5-2 to keep its files in /lib?
>
> ~# ldd /sbin/mount.nfs|grep usr

It appears you're using NFS.

Back in my youth, the wise men told me that NFS was a horrible security
threat unless you also used YP, which was too sophisticated for me to
ever figure out. So these days I use sshfs, which is nice, but slower
than a turtle dragging a railroad engine.

Is NFS still a security problem? Does it still have that issue where
you never knew what port it would listen on? Do you still need YP,and
is YP as monumentally difficult as I remember it being?

Are a lot of you using NFS? Do you feel safe doing so?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust