:: Re: [devuan-dev] New patches for eu…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] New patches for eudev (3.2.2-8+devuan2)
On Sun, 03 Dec 2017, Svante Signell wrote:

> The idea with naming the package 3.2.2-8+devuan2 was to indicate that it is a
> package aimed for ASCII. Note, I did not add an Y in the naming. Maybe a simpler
> naming would be 3.2.2-8+d2?
>
> In my opinion it is nice to know which distribution a package is aimed for.
> However, I'll do the renaming as we decide on.

I understood well your intention and it makes sense to me, but if we'd
want to introduce such a (big) change to the way versioning is done,
then it need to be considered for every package.

Right now I doubt we need to introduce such a big change and if
proposed I'd advocate for adding a new Field: in the package header
rather than the versioning string.

ciao