:: Re: [devuan-dev] New patches for eu…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: svante.signell, devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] New patches for eudev (3.2.2-8+devuan2)
Hi Svante

Eudev being a directly packaged should have a version of <upstream
version>-<build version> and not have an additional +<devuanX.Y> which
is currently only used for our modified rebuilt version of debian
packages. So the correct version should be 3.2.2-9 in this case.

For updates, we can add +<suite version>u<N>, and backports +bpoN, and
security can have +<suite or suiteversion>securityN

In this way we follow the same convention as debian uses, and provide a
clear indicator where we override a debian package.

Of course this is all up for discussion, but I suggest until we can
decide on and document a good reason to break with this convention we
should do so.

On 3 December 2017 10:15:46 AM NZDT, Svante Signell