:: Re: [DNG] Installing & running eude…
Author: Svante Signell
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Installing & running eudev broke USB drives auto-listing in Thunar.
On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 09:31 +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> This installation was done on ASCII.
>
> Before this installation Thunar used to auto-list USB thumbdrives.
> Running pstree shown udevd is running instead of eudevd although I do
> not know whether eudev and udev use exactly the same name for the
> daemon.
>
> Any help will make a difference. Thanks goes to all who try to give me hints.

Hi Edward,

The eudev running daemon is udevd, not eudevd. So your observation is correct.

Regarding USB devices take a look at these files

find /lib/udev/rules.d/  -name '*usb*'
/lib/udev/rules.d/40-usb_modeswitch.rules
/lib/udev/rules.d/77-mm-usb-serial-adapters-greylist.rules
/lib/udev/rules.d/39-usbmuxd.rules
/lib/udev/rules.d/73-usb-net-by-mac.rules
/lib/udev/rules.d/77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules

find /lib/udev/hwdb.d/ -name '*usb*'
/lib/udev/hwdb.d/20-usb-classes.hwdb
/lib/udev/hwdb.d/20-usb-vendor-model.hwdb

and compare with the ones in systemd-udev, version???

Maybe the devices are greylisted or blacklisted, see above.