:: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan mee…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Nov. 22 2017
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017, onefang wrote:

> > >       * Subject: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Debian
> > >         Installer

> > I am afraid I can't love it, but OK
>
> This year I have been installing about two dozen Linux varieties, and a
> few other things. For an expert such as myself, trying to do odd
> things, the Debian installer was the most pleasant one to use. I
> really hate the Red Hat installer now. Maybe a tad short of loving it,
> but if I have to love any, Debian'll be the one.

OK, point taken and I agree, is the "least sucky" for me.

But I would like to replace some of its modules. For instance the
network setup is not as interactive as I like. I'd love to add
Katolaz' 'setnet' script as an 'expert mode' of sorts or even to
replace completely the network setup.

maybe this is possible with little effort and maybe we can build up
some improvements incrementally this way.