:: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Deb…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Debian 9, rly?

On 19 November 2017 21:14:26 CET, Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>Conclusion: initscripts profides the infrastructure to invoke
>/etc/rc.local if it exists, but it doesn't provide an empty
>/etc/rc.local.

Ok, this is what I hoped and it still makes sense.

IMHO deprecation means vandalism may happen
in the future: some people should be vigilant and there
should be already a clear statement and discussion
about what this "deprecation" means.

if it just means that /etc/rc.local is not created by default
but processed if found executable, then it would be fine:
some UNIX systems did that already in the past,
but I am afraid the word "deprecation" means something else.

ciao