:: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Deb…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Debian 9, rly?

hi Taiidan

On 19 November 2017 17:11:27 CET, "Taiidan@???" <Taiidan@???> wrote:
>On 11/19/2017 09:10 AM, Jaromil wrote:
>> is there any internal discussion about such governance issues in
>> Debian? is there any hope the current leadership will change and
>> perhaps repair what this vandalism is breaking?
>Am I the only one who thinks there is some kind of conspiracy here?
>I mean why else would literally every distro adopt systemd overnight
>with zero debate and half the community protesting the change, ditto
>for
>all the other bizzare choices that have been made recently like this
>and
>making so many random programs and libs dependent on systemd.

IMHO thinking conspiracy is self defeating,
but debunking facts and documenting them for
everyone to make up their own idea is useful.

there is a fair amount of attention on this narrative
if we manage to keep the noise out, maybe
all camps can reach a better understanding.

I write this conscious that what I wrote
may be considered conspiracy and noise
by systemd hooligans...

lets all avoid turning debate into denigration.
said that, I stand convinced that removing
this way features that are publicly used is literally vandalism.

ciao