:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet Nov. 1…
Author: Joerg Reisenweber
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet Nov. 15/16 2017
On Wed 15 November 2017 11:50:47 golinux@??? wrote:
> You're really making this harder than it is. The meet time is 20:30 UTC
> but that happens on two different days in AU/NZ and EU/US hence the
> double date in the subject.

No, that's incorrect. UTC means DATE_time. It doesn't matter that the *same*
day is *called* different in other arbitrary timezones. I also wonder why you
think AU/NZ and EU/US were valid timezones at all, and particularly relevant
here, Even Australia already has 3 timezones afaik.
Please understand that "UTC" means not only the time bit also the DATE are
specifying a particular moment "as seen in Greenwich (GMT)"

You actually explicitly confirmed the ambiguity:
"time is 20:30 UTC but that happens on two different days"
Yes, that's exactly what your timestamp says: TWO events on TWO moments same
time of day on *TWO different DAYS*