:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet Nov. 1…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet Nov. 15/16 2017
On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 06:59:28PM +0100, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> On Wed 15 November 2017 18:14:20 Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> > there are 24 timezones
>
> I have to correct myself, there are even more:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone#List_of_UTC_offsets
>
> Anyway any particular moment is unambiguously identified by
>
> unique_date, time_of_day, Timezone_designator_of_referential_system
>
> IOW UTC timestamps have *one* date like every other timestamp, and UTC -
> unlike other localized timestamps - is identical everywhere on this globe.
> If a second and third alternative timestamp for other non-global timezones is
> intended, it needs to be given separately:

OK, let's cut this short: The meeting will be in 2h 25m from now,
i.e., Nov. 14th 2017 20:30 UTC :)

HND

KatolaZ

P.S.: the only mistake is golinux putting "14th/15th" and then
"UTC". Nov. 14th 20:30 UTC in unambiguous and correct, and the usual
way in which appointments are traditionally specified on the
Internet. Nov. 15th 20:30 UTC would be 24h after that point, which at
this point is *tomorrow* in any timezone :)