:: [DNG] Libre computers (as I see you…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Libre computers (as I see you don't like ME/PSP) they exist!
Quote from Steve Litt:
<<
We all have our priorities, and for each of us, money's one of them.

I'm not willing to pay $4800.00 for a computer that eliminates every
last attack vector.

I think, this neatly summarises the sentiments of many users of
GNU/Linux. These prices are too hefty for many to even consider. I
remember, a few years ago, I was suggested to buy from system76 which
claim their machines are 100% Linux friendly but their prices were
around double the normal prices.

I still have doubts how such CPUs/motherboards are clean of
proprietary executable code when the latter is buried deep inside a
CPU's die. How are the majority of buyers going to verify their
purchased CPUs are clean and what they are getting is what they are
paying for?

To me, these prices look more like a 'polite' extortion for the
'obsessed' and gullible.