:: Re: [DNG] Documentation format phil…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Documentation format philosophies
On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 01:33:28PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 12:15:44 +0000

> LaTeX is wonderful *for what it does*, which is make beautifully
> typeset documents whose linefeeds are determined at compile time, not
> at read time (like ePub, HTML or Xhtml). The problem is that you can't
> reasonably convert LaTeX to XML, HTML, Xhtml or the like.

Conversion of TeX to HTML etc. is a challenge.

These did not work very well for me:

$ htlatex universal.tex "xhtml,ooffice" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf" "-coo"
"-cvalidate"

$ latex2html source

$ tex4ht ...

I had better luck with the lwarp TeX package. It stumbled on some
aspects of my TeX document, but that was a year ago, and at that point
it was still under early development. I believe today it does better,
but have not checked.

Haines Brown